Wednesday 10 January 2007

Rare Sight
















I've been looking for a good photo to have as my first on this page, and then I remembered taking this one last week when I was away in Westport, Co. Mayo.

The old type phone box - you rarely see them nowadays - this one actually had a current working pay phone in it.

A new blog spot, this one for photographs that I've taken while out gravestone hunting - sites and sights from Ireland. Old houses, old bridges, roads of every variety and then other things as I go along.

I haven't quite worked out how exactly I can used this blog, except I do know I can tie it in with Picassa and load photograph albums of places to Picassa. So, we'll see how it goes!
Jane
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cassie Kilroy Thompson said...

Jane - I think I remember seeing a phone box like your picture just outside the gates to the Strokestown Park House/Famine Museum. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Cassie Kilroy Thompson said...

http://cassiechat.blogspot.com/ I've uploaded some gravestone pictures - the link is on my blog.....

Jane L said...

Cassie,
Thanks for the link, I just learned whta happens when you go to someone's blog this way - you end up at their profile page! So, might add a bit more to mine :-)

I tried your cemetery photo link except anyone who wants to look at the photos has to have a password. Is it possible for you to make that album a public one? You can do that with Picasa - keep albums private or make them public.

If you had it as public, then I could link to it from my Irish gravestone blog