Wednesday 10 January 2007

Limerick City, Corbally area

Back when I was down in Limerick last November, I went walkabout with my camera and took a few photos - quite a few! Since then, I've been wondering how to deal with them - they took too long to upload to my Yahoo blog, besides which I never managed to work out how to identify that blog - the URL for it

So, enter Picasa to which photos load quicker. I've divided the photos into a few folders with bridges, buildings and Corbally. Someone on Y-IRL once asked about Corbally in Limerick- they thought it was a street, well, there is a Corbally road also known by another name and then after that Corbally itself is partly a built up area. I didn't take photos of the houses, just the roundabouts, the bridge and a sign post!

The roundabouts - well, in Ireland and England we have roundabouts all over the place, but people from other countries comment on them quite often. They're easy to use once you get the hang of them, rush hour traffic is probably the worst time of the day to be trying to get on to a roundabout. one of these roundabouts is nice and small, a handy little one set at a point where a few roads from different groups of houses in the Corbally area come together. The second is bigger, out on the main road and unfortunately a few cars got in the way of my photo!

These photos are on Picassa - and so long as I have done this right, then the image link below should bring you to them.
Jane




No comments: