Saturday 11 February 2012

Apology - injury lack of posts

So, here I am with this blog that I started off with so many hopes for - problem is that in January 2011 I had an accident with a brain bleed and I ended up in hospital and the nice people there did lots of stuff to keep me alive. They kept me unconscious for two weeks and then from the time I woke up it's all just been about getting better.................

Well, I'll never be the Jane I was before I fell - but wow it is so fantastic that I have made the recovery I have. Back in November I gave a talk at the Clare Roots Society Genealogy conference along with John Grenham and Jim Herlihy. Tonight, I gave a talk in Dublin at the launch of the Mac-Aodha-Keys Family History book, there were people there from the USA, from Australia and it was such a lovely evening. I felt so bad physically when I got up today I spent the whole day thinking I'm not going to go to Dublin, but then I did and even though the only person I knew was my friend who had asked me to talk, I had such a wonderful evening and my talk went so well.

So, outside of that, I think maybe it's time to begin taking notice of this blog. I do have tons and tons of photos that I could put on here going with my Sites and Sights tagline and maybe over the next few days I'll begin to pull some of them. I think though, if I was really to bring this site back to 'working', I should head off over to Dunamase and take some photos. Dunamase is one place in Ireland that tourists should come to visit, I describe it as the Laois 'Rock of Cashel' - thing is though, the Rock of Cashel stands nowhere compared to Dunamase

No comments: