Sunday 13 January 2008


The old houses always make me stop to think about who lived in them and where they went to - did they just go up the road to a new house or emigrate. This one though, it's right beside the school house in Bilboa, Co. Carlow so I think it was probably the School Masters House. Lots of times the Master or Mistress (usually Master) lived in a house right beside the school and this one looks as though it could be the right age. Pity to see it deserted now though and if this was a house in the city, there's be someone living in it.

I've got more photographs of the area on my web site at http://www.from-ireland.net/car/places/bilboa/index.htm and I will be putting the photographs of gravestones from the Church which is just up the road a bit from the school on line as soon as I get them indexed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: